From Thursday, 19 October 2017 09:00
Thursday, 19 October 2017 12:00
Location : Plaza Simas, Jalan Fachrudin, Kampung Bali, Central Jakarta City, Jakarta, Indonesia
Ballroom Plaza Simas, 9th Floor
Oxfam in Indonesia (Oxfam), International NGOs Forum on Indonesian Development (INFID) and Indonesia Global Compact Network (IGCN) are in collaboration to run European Union (EU) funded program titled “Walking the Talk: Promoting Accountable Business through Advancement of United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (UNGPs) Implementation in Indonesia”. This 3 (three) years program aims at:
- Promoting an accountable business sector in Indonesia that adopts corporate responsibility to respect human rights, and
- Building awareness and capacity of labour and farmer unions, CSOs, and the Indonesian business sector to advance UNGPs implementation in the agriculture/food industry, especially in the palm oil plantation sector.
IGCN carries out three main activities; (i) training to managerial level of private sectors, (ii) conducting quarterly multi-stakeholders dialogue and (iii) setting up Business and Human Rights Helpdesk. In this context, multi-stakeholders dialogue will be facilitated by Business & Human Rights Working Group (B&HRWG) that includes private sectors, CSO, and government. These activities aims at creating space for multi-stakeholders dialogue, knowledge & experience sharing, and possibility forming collaboration among stakeholders.
Previously, IGCN held three Multi-stakeholders Dialogue on Business & Human Rights:
- Multi-stakeholders Dialogue series on Business & Human Rights - series 1 :“Knowledge Sharing and Recent Updates on UNGPs: Indonesia and Global” - Introduction with Global Expert
- Multi-stakeholders Dialogue series on Business & Human Rights - series 2 :“Result of the Baseline Study on the Implementation of United Nations Guiding Principles (UNGPs) on Business and Human Rights in Indonesia”
- Multi-stakeholders Dialogue series on Business & Human Rights - series 3 : "Knowing and Showing from Business that Respect Human Rights"
- Multi-stakeholders Dialogue series on Business & Human Rights - series 4 :"Children's Rights and Business Principles (CRBP) Implementation in Sustainable Supply Chain"
The agenda and details of the fifth Multi-stakeholders Dialogue on Business & Human Rights will follow.